Thursday, November 09, 2006

She's still taking care of me :o)

The other day I went to my Mom's house to help my oldest sister go through all the things in the house because we're going to have an estate sale and she needs my help, well my sister took down a bowl off the top shelf in the kitchen and priced it and started to put it back towards the back but it bumped against something so she asked me to reach and see what it was. I pulled down another small glass bowl and said "maybe I should check farther back" well.... I touched some paper and pulled it down and there in my hand was an envelope with my name Julie wrote on it in my Mothers handwriting and inside was $50!!!!!!!!

You see my Mom had a real nack for saving money and she would save mine for me if I needed her to (whether I wanted her to or not!). Apparently she had asked me at one time or another if I wanted her to save said money for me and I said yes. Well I started crying and said "Thank you Mama!" and my sister was hooting, hollering and saying that we should split it 3 ways! I THINK NOT! :O) IT HAD MY NAME ON IT!!! LOL!!!

She really is still taking care of me I guess, because when we brought her home from the hospital with Hospice she had been really out of it and sleeping non-stop and my sister went through the kitchen and cleaned and lined the shelves with paper and ran out just when she got to the shelf that had my money on it. strange!

I'm trying not to dwell on my Mom's passing and boring you all, but I wanted to tell you about what had happened because it made me happy.

Also, Mom came to me in a dream the other day during a nap and I simply talked to her and told her I missed her dearly and asked her how Heaven was and she said she was temporarily set up in a nice little room kind of like a nice hotel room but she would be moving to a really nice home close to all her family. She spoke like she was having a wonderful time and I got a since that she had lots going on and she didn't have time be sad missing us, then the phone rang and woke up. shoot, I was having a nice conversation with her, maybe she'll come back and visit someday.

No I'm not nuts! Remember I talked about my Grandmother visiting me around the time she died? Who knows but I like the visits, so keep them coming Mom! Now what to do with the money???? Pay bills? Naw... how bout some food? :o)

No comments: