Tuesday, August 01, 2006

blog blah

Hello everyone!
I've been having a little trouble getting into the blog thing this past few weeks, didn't you notice? Well, most of the problem has been worrying about my mom, she had a bad fall on Friday and it wasn't much of a surprise because her sodium was low and with lung cancer, at least in her case that makes her weak and topsy and not very good at making sound judgments.
I guess she had been sleeping and my sister had checked on her, then her husband checked and a little bit later he checked again and she was on the floor not able to get up. She had a large knot on the back of her head and a big bruise turned up a little later on her back. When she has trauma her body just shuts down and she goes to sleep and looks like she's going to die. It's very upsetting, but she has always snapped out of it and at least gets where you can talk to her, so hopefully that's going to happen this time too!
This week marks the 2nd year that she's been suffering from her cancer, I've had a hard time with it because I have such small children that I want to know her and it's made it hard for me to do my part in caring for her. My 2 sisters have older children, 4 each and most are in high school and they can stay home alone or with each other. Last time she was in the hospital around mothers day she was in quarantine so I couldn't take my children in to her room while I visited.
Well enough about my problems!!!!!
Now I have been doing a little crafting, I'll try to get some pictures of what I've been working on.
Have a good week!

No comments: