Thursday, February 01, 2007

I got a new toy, it's a Bernina Aurora 430!


My Bernina
Originally uploaded by mama_blueberry.

I have a new toy!
Now if I can just figure out how to use all it's bells and whistles. LOL!
I decided to take a little bit of my inheritance from my mom and go get something she would have definately approved of, this little beauty also has the embroidery attachment that I went ahead and got so I can personalize items that I sell.
I set up the embroidery part and sewed a couple things but with the kids not on the same nap schedule it's getting harder and harder to get to play with it so for now it's just for sewing.
I told DH that he could go get a small tractor if he wanted and he just opted for a new tattoo. (crazy, I know!)
I'll have to take a picture of it when he gets it done, he designed it himself with Cherokee symbols that say I love my family.
Ahhhh sweet.
I tried to convince him to get one that said "Property of Julie" but for some reason he decided that wasn't what he wanted. :'P
Actually I got a tattoo of a barbed wire heart just above my left breast one year for Valentines day and gave him a coupon for a barbed wire tattoo so he got one that went around his upper arm.
DH's wedding band is gold with barbed wire that he designed himself so the barbed wire design kindof means "I love Julie/Dan" to us. Corney but it works.
Have a great day!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Oooooo, I'm coveting the machine!

Lauri said...

Wow! I love it! Very similar to mine...I have the Aurora 440. I've had it over a year, and STILL haven't figured out the embroidery part yet. Gotta work on that. Or, when you figure it out, let me know! lol!

MichelleB said...

Ooohhhh! Jealous, jealous! Enjoy!

Unknown said...

I have a 430 that I loved until a couple of days ago, I only use it for emb. ( too attached to my 1630)
now when I try to emb. it goes through al the checks except the presser foot drop and stitch out HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!