Thursday, January 11, 2007

Busy busy

Things have been crazy around around here!
Gus turned 1 on December 29th and had lots of fun with his little smash cake, he really didn't make all that big of a mess until Daddy squished his hand in it. :)

Gus took his first real steps the day after his birthday but still likes to crawl and be carried around most of the time. :)
His top molars are almost completely in now and that makes for a very clingy baby in the evenings but a little baby Tylenol seems to help. He really enjoys scrubbing his toothbrush on them whenever he can. This makes 10 teeth already! We like to call him a little piranha (because he loooves to bite) and little monster (because he loooves to growl too).
Then I also gave him his first haircut, I still need to get a picture of that. I don't think I did that great a job because he just wouldn't sit still! Surprised? I'm not!
He also started saying a couple of different new things like UH-OH! , Yeah (while clapping) and he can now make the sign for milk so I know he wants to nurse. It's so cute to see him make the sign, it looks like he's
milking a cow. squirt squirt squirt
It's also getting harder to get much done on the computer because he wants to slap the keyboard and when I'm sewing he just will not stop unplugging my foot peddle. arg!
But I have been still able to get a few things done though...

I've been really busy making custom Binky Blankets for my Etsy shop and for wholesale orders too.
I have so many ideas swirling around in my head that it's hard to decide where to start! So make sure you check my shop for all the new items I plan to be adding in the coming weeks.
I recently added patches to the shop so if you have something personal you'd like to have one of my designs on, you can get a patch and add it yourself!
Here's a pic of one of the custom orders I did recently that included a couple of patches.--->

I was also having a little problem with depression, I didn't want to admit it but I was in such a funk and my house work was suffering and that makes me all that more depressed so I went to my doc and asked for something to help make me feel better. This was quite a step for me because I just didn't think it was that bad but now that I've been on my new medicine (Zoloft) I have just been so much happier and less easily angered.
At first it made me very sleepy and that lasted for about 2 weeks then things leveled out and now I don't really feel any side effects except for being consistantly happy!
And ya gotta love that!!!
I wanted to share this with everyone because I want you all to know that there isn't any shame in getting medicine that can make your quality of life better. I've looked back and can see so many times in my life that if I had been taking something like this I would have been so much happier.
Sometimes I just have to take a step back and say "I need to take care of myself!" for a change so I can take better care of my family.
Being care giver for my family can sometimes be a little overwelming, but wonderfully now it's just not that overwelming after all!
I hope to start blogging more, it's a bit of a challenge with Gus on the move but I'm going to give it extra effort.
Take care everyone!


Queen said...

I'm glad you're taking care of yourself. I know how hard it can be to ask for help.

LoriLaurieLauri said...

Holy cow, you have been busy! And I'm glad the Zoloft is working for you! I've been on Welbrutrin for 5 years now, and it was, literally, a lifesaver. I'm also glad that you stuck with it through that first couple of weeks, and waited for things to all settle into place. So many people give up too soon. Everybody's brain works differently, and some of us just need a little boost!